This app does not require an Internet connection to function.
This app does not collect personal information
This app does not offer items for in-app purchasing.
This app does not allow web browsing from within the app.
This app shows information about related apps.
This app does not connect to social media such as Facebook or Twitter.
This app does not include in-app advertising.
This app does not collect anonymous usage information.
“Wish I had this when I was in school…”
“…I think this little app can help kids know and like physics more”
Find out how this highly engaging and interactive app helps in comprehensively understanding and applying the concepts of simple machines with the help of animations and fun-filled simulations! Learn about concepts starting from force and work, and explore the world of simple machines (levers) around you in this limited functionality version. Other simple machines such as pulleys, wheel and axles, inclined planes, screws, and wedges are covered in the full version of this app.
This app is aligned with Bloom’s taxonomy and draws from Common Core State Standards*. As a member of the KNOW What’s Inside program, this app has been designed especially for children, with special attention to online privacy.
The app is packed with the following features:
- Concept book: You will be able to study principles of simple machines and grasp them in detail with easy to understand animation, drawings, and visual images
- Did You Know: This provides interesting facts and snippets of information about simple machines from both a historical perspective and current context
- Quiz: This tests your understanding of concepts and ability to relate to real life examples
- Explore More: You are encouraged here to apply the concepts you read to simple experiments using objects around you
- Simulation: This provides a life-like situation to apply concepts and learn from various alternative courses of action.
This app is intended for students primarily in grades 4-7 who want to understand concepts from scratch, as a supplemental guide for teachers, and as a reference tool for those who want to strengthen their understanding of the subject. The suggested sequence for going through various modules in this app is Concept-Simulation-Quiz-Did You Know-Explore More.
For further information, please contact us at:
E-mail: [email protected]