This app does not require an Internet connection to function.
This app does not collect personal information
This app does not offer items for in-app purchasing.
This app only allows web browsing from within the app behind a parent gate.
This app shows information about related apps behind a parent gate.
This app only connects to social media such as Facebook or Twitter behind a parent gate.
This app does not include in-app advertising.
This app does not collect anonymous usage information.
This version includes English, Spanish, French and Italian with a unique "foreign language" option*
Featured as iPad App of the week in France!
Based on the Montessori method, Montessori Letter Sounds works in 4 steps:
- From the age of 3: “I spy” to play sound games.
- Around 4 years old: “Letter sounds” to memorize the letter sounds and shape.
- Between 4 and 5: “Mix and match” to bring together the two first steps.
- Around 4 1/2 years old: “Sound it out” to write their first words using a moveable alphabet.
All four steps are included in this version but two games are locked at first and get unlocked as the children play and win marbles. This ensures progressive learning.
The settings offer:
- Script, Cursive or Capital letters
- *Our unique "foreign language" option, which enables children to play with the letter sounds in one of the four languages while listening to the instructions in their native language.
Children also benefit from a “Toolbox” offering:
- A phonetic alphabet
- A notebook
- A sandbox to trace letters freely
- An image box (great for vocabulary)
In each step, children will find a learning activity and a game to help them put their learning into practice. Self-correction is encouraged throughout the app to increase self-confidence. The system keeps track of marbles won by each player. Marbles are used to unlock games and levels and to stimulate learning.
3 Elles was founded by Montessori teachers with years of classroom experience with hundreds of children. Our aim is to develop a range of truly educational and beautiful apps based on the Montessori Method. All our apps can be used at home or in class. They can also be used by speech therapists.
Although our apps are designed for children to play on their own, we always recommend that parents guide them at least for the first usage.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a Moms with Apps member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps.
SUPPORT/FEEDBACK: If you have questions or comments on our app, please email us at [email protected] as we cannot answer reviews left in iTunes.
We take personal data protection very seriously. When using our app, your child will never come across:
-links to social networks
Follow us on :
Facebook (Les Trois Elles Interactive) - http://twitter.com/LesTroisElles
Twitter (@LesTroisElles): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Les-Trois-Elles-Interactive/205039382905647?ref=ts